1) I’m a level (insert your present level) interpreter/student. Can I attend this workshop?
This workshop is open to all interpreters regardless of knowledge, skill, or level, and students whose education has begun interpreting skills. If your interpreting skills are not up to this level of work, this will provide you with valuable practice in which to get a feel for this venue of our field.
If your interpreting skills are already up to this level of work, this will provide you will additional practice as well as an opportunity to stretch your muscles in new or deeper ways without worrying about the client(s) loss as you learn from your mistakes.
2) What happens if I arrive late to the workshop?
There is a 15 minute grace period allowed once the workshop starts. After 15 minutes late-comers may be admitted at the discretion of the presenter and featured speaker and the ability to bring you up to speed without disturbing the rest of the workshop participants. No access to the workshop after the mock interpreting begins.
3) I’ll be there on time, but I have to leave early. How about that?
You are welcome to leave at your discretion. However, if you do not stay for the full duration, you will not receive RID or Missouri CEUs. NO partial hours are offered for this workshop.
4) Do I really have to participate in the mock interpreting portions and self-video recording portions of the workshop? I’d rather just quietly sit through the workshop.
Yes, everyone is required to participate – it is part of the workshop criteria and flow. Please DO NOT sign up for this workshop if you don’t plan to engage in these activities.
5) Is the workshop area accessible?
6) I will need a certificate of attendance for my records. Do you provide one?
Yes, a Certificate of Attendance will be presented at the end of the workshop. NO Certificate is offered for partial hours of this workshop
7) Oh no! I’ve registered and paid, but due to a conflict I now cannot attend. What is the refund policy?
A full refund will be given if cancelled 7 days before the workshop. Half refund will be given if cancelled by August 21, 2018. No refund thereafter.
8) Are CEU’s offered for this workshop?
Yes, both R.I.D. and Missouri CEU’s are offered. A total of .7 CEUs (7 contact hours) will be awarded for the workshop.
9) I have another question that is not posted here. What should I do?
E-mail me at email@example.com or call me at 636-227-2277